Enhancing the sense of smell
Age Group : Newborn to 1 Year old
Program Duration : 15 Weeks
Guidance: Olfactory (Smell) Stimulation
Take pouch labeled as week 1 fragrances and have the baby smell them three times a day for one week, as described below:-
Take one bottle, open the lid and take it near your baby’s nose and speak the name of the fragrance (optional). Do not press the bottle. Close the lid immediately. Do the same with other three fragrances. Next week take pouch labeled as week 2 and repeat the same procedure with 4 bottles. Follow the same procedure for 15 weeks with using all 15 pouches.Purpose of Olfactory (Smell) Stimulation:-
Baby’s exposure to different fragrances is critical in the baby developing a powerful sense of differentiating various fragrances which otherwise gets diminished with time.What to observe:-
1. Baby’s nostrils go up and down (Expand and contract).
2. Baby will stop doing any other movements and just focuses on the smell.Benefits of sense of smell:-
1. The sense of smell is more closely linked to memory than any of the other senses.
2. The sense of smell is linked to the parts of the brain that process emotion.
3. Your sense of smell can even affect the way you perceive time.
4. The smelling sense can also affect our sense of taste.Disclaimer:-
If baby has shown some allergic signs to any smell, then consult the doctor before using the set. All the smells used in Hungry Brain program are baby safe. If baby gets allergic to any particular smell from this set then kindly do not use that smell again. If baby gets allergic then kindly consult to the pediatrician. Also let us know about the same on 8879757536.